Position: Administrator – Full Time
Start Date: March 15th 2021
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
It is the Watermark Theatre’s goal to be an inclusive organization that engages and welcomes all Canadians. We believe that the basis of this inclusivity requires a socially and culturally diverse workforce and therefore actively seek to recruit candidates who are Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour (IBPoC), persons from the LGBTQ2+ community, and persons with disabilities. We encourage you to self-identify in the recruitment process.
This position has the ability to work from home for most of the year.
Watermark Theatre is a not for profit charitable organization located in North Rustico, PEI that produces two theatrical productions every summer. The company also hosts a high school drama festival; runs a mentorship program and a teenage acting conservatory; presents a music series and an art gallery; and runs a bar and box office.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
The successful candidate will have a background working in the performing arts. The individual must be able to collaborate effectively across a broad range of artistic disciplines and functional areas. The following are the principal qualifications for this position:
• Minimum of 2 to 4 years of experience in a similar role
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work with a variety of individuals across all levels of the organization
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including a talent for customer service
• Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple, sometimes competing priorities
• An adaptable mindset and an enthusiasm for learning and development
• An appreciation for the live performing arts
• Computer skills – competence in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Experience working on Social Media platforms
• Driver’s license and access to a car would be an asset
• Scheduling of all programs
• Scheduling of funding applications and reports
• Maintaining COVID 19 Operational Plan and Procedures
• Oversee the running of a box office and bar
• Maintaining existing sponsorship relationships
• Maintaining existing donor relationships and database
• Coordinating advertising sales for Playbill
• Work with Fundraising Committee to develop and execute activities
• Administer the running of a Mentorship Program
• Administration of all HR policies
• Work with volunteer team at the theatre
• Preparing reports for the Watermark Theatre Board
• Help book accommodations for artists
• Oversee the maintenance of the theatre’s building and ground.
HOW TO APPLY:
● We aim to interview short-listed candidates in late February 2021. Interviews will take place on Zoom.
● The salary range is between 35k and 38k per annum depending on experience
● Please include your resume, a covering letter, and two professional references.
● To apply, please email (with the subject line Administrator Position) to email@example.com by February 19th, 2021, 5PM AST.