Watermark is looking for the next great PEI play
Watermark Theatre in association with PARC (Playwrights Atlantic Resource Centre) is excited to announce their first ever PEI Playwriting Competition. Dedicated to the development of the next generation of theatre artists, playwrights of all experience levels are encouraged to submit their original scripts. The winning playwright will be awarded $1,500 and receive a public reading of their play.
Watermark encourages submissions from all Island playwrights, prioritizing those who self-identify as Indigenous, Black, People of Colour (IBPoC), 2SLGBTQIA+, and/or living with disabilities.
– The competition is open to all Prince Edward Island current residents and those who call PEI home.
– Scripts can be full-length or one-act, and must have a running time of a minimum of 50 minutes.
– Scripts must be written in English.
– Scripts must be original. Adaptations of other works will not be accepted except for works that are in the public domain.
– Scripts may have had workshops, readings and/or other development, but cannot have been produced professionally. Plays produced at Fringe Festivals are eligible.
– Co-written scripts are accepted as long as both playwrights are Island residents or call PEI home.
– Each playwright can submit one play.
Deadline to submit scripts is November 1st, 2022. Scripts can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject heading “Playwriting Competition Submission”.